The following information has been designed to assist the Legacy Jiu-Jitsu community in reopening our academies and training spaces. We will follow these guidelines closely, with precedence being given to local government and health department’s guidelines in regard to resuming activities that involve contact sports.
The intention is to provide our members with clear guidelines which will be implemented upon reopening the academy and returning to training.
The key message laid out by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) is “Get in, train and get out”. This means you will arrive already dressed to train, complete your session and then leave.
SAFETY OF OUR STUDENTS AND PUBLIC
During the return to operation of our academies we must remember that now, more than ever, we need to be a team and understand that our individual actions will have an effect on the whole team and our larger community.
Our number one priority, for both students and instructors alike, must be public safety.
NEW RULES TO BE APPLIED
PRE BOOKING OF CLASSES IS ESSENTIAL:
Students need to text Fabio 0415 580 154 to reserve their spot in a class prior to attending. Bookings are compulsory in order to comply with the government’s requirements of being able to contact trace in the event of a COVID-19 case.
Limited spots in classes will be allocated accordingly with government rules;
- Please use bathrooms only if extremely necessary.
- Shower and change room facilities will be closed off, as per government guidelines. These will reopen in accordance with relaxing of regulations by appropriate government bodies.
- We recommend students not to wear open footwear to and from the gym.
- Hand hygiene – hand sanitiser will be provided and should be used upon on entry to the facility.
- Spitting and clearing of nasal/respiratory secretions in sinks not allowed (use tissue and dispose in bins provided);
- No social gathering. Please refrain from congregating before/after training.
- Individual mat area space (1 person per 4m2);
- Students will be required to clean their own mat area after class using the cleaning products provided.
- No parents or spectators will be allowed inside the academy during classes, pick up and drop off of kids will be organised by our staff at the door and carpark.
CLASSES SAFETY STRUCTURE
- ‘NO-GI’ Uniform or active wear (gyms clothes) can be worn for classes.
Bring your own towel.
- Shorter class structure to allow for appropriate cleaning between session. A 15 min interval between classes to sanitise the training area and equipment, as well as the exit of students from one class and the arrival of students for the following class, minimising possible crossover contact.
- No physical contact in class until approved to do so by the relevant authorities.
- Non-contact technical work with coach will be allowed initially. No handshakes/fist bumps or line up at the beginning and end of classes.